On Mon, Jun 05, 2000 at 01:36:52PM -0400, David T-G wrote:
> % Oh thank you!  :-)
>
> Hey, any time, pal!  BTW, new email address?

Yes, I'm trying out this server in the USA rather than my previous
UK one, apart from anything else it's cheaper.

> % isn't an MDA involved.
>
> Er, I beg to differ :-)  Once the mail is transported to your machine,
> it has to be delivered to a mailbox.  Maybe you have an MTA that does
> MDA functions, but it's still acting as an MDA, and if it weren't you'd
> never actually get any of all of this mail that made it to your box  :-)

But the mail *isn't* transported to my machine, it stays on the server.

I know it's playing with words in a way, it is transported to my machine
in the sense that I can see it there but it's most definitely not stored
there in a mailbox as an MDA would.   Where it gets delivered to is just
another (possibly) mailbox on the IMAP server.

It's moot whether it makes sense (I know it does to you) to develop
a separate tool just to move mail around on the IMAP server, it's a
much more lightweight task than the 'classic' MDAs like procmail and
maildrop.

--
Chris Green ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]