Hello,

When I thread mailing list messages, often the thread will be broken
up because of differing versions and placement of ``Re:'' in the
subject line, compounded by different mail clients' handling of
the subject line.  For example, if the original message's Subject:
line is ``[BOB] What's the frequency, Kenneth?''where ``[BOB]'' is
the mailing list name that gets prepended to the subject, the replies
will
wind up like:

``Re: [BOB] What's the frequency, Kenneth?''
``re: [BOB] What's the frequency, Kenneth?''
``Re: [BOB] re: What's the frequency, Kenneth?''
``RE: [BOB] What's the frequency, Kenneth?''
``Re: re: [BOB] What's the frequency, Kenneth?''
usw.

I searched on ``Re:'' and ``Subject:'' in the manual and didn't
find anything useful looking.

Is there a built-in solution to this?  Does anybody else have this
problem?  I imagine something stripping out all variations of ``Re:''
before the threads are arranged in the list.  This would be child's
play in Perl, the world is not Perl. :-)

Or should I start putting together a patch, right after I relearn C?

Thanks,

Andy Eichmann