On 2000.06.18, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        "Dennis Robertson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello List,
> This is embarrassing.  I have made letterboxes in $HOME/Mail using
> touch.  These new files don't open automatically but bring up the "open
> with" dialogue when clicked.  Procmail evidently can't see or open them

You don't mention what file-manager you're using, but many of them
figure out the relevant application using the "file" command or
/etc/magic.  For the files to be recognized as mbox files, you need to
have mail in them.

As for getting mail in with procmail, see how you do with what Suresh
and David said.

--
 -D.    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        NSIT    University of Chicago