Hi,

clemensF typed:
> you might consider just using standard "/usr/bin/test -n $DISPLAY".  no
> need for special programs, if you test the existence of the x- variable
> used to indicate, well, the display to use.

No it's different. If you're in a console while X is running, the
RunningX test will fail, because it actually tries to open the
display. Whereas the $DISPLAY variable still exists, so "test -n
$DISPLAY" test passes. So if you're in a console, while X is running,
then it'll try to load netscape!

--
Mrinal Kalakrishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://mrinal.dhs.org/
Linux 2.2.16 || PGP:B1E86F5B || Mutt 1.3.3i (2000-06-09) || VIM 5.6