Rino Mardo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Wed, 28 Jun 2000:
> My problem is with the the save-hook as I want to be
> able to save read messages to, let's say, a "Mail\read.mutt" file.

Do you want to save read messages automatically when you exit a folder,
or do you want to specify the default folder you're given in the prompt
when you choose to save a message?

The first is done by setting $record appropriately (and $move should be
something else than "no", of course).

The second is done with save-hooks (or fcc-save-hooks, but you seem to
want just save-hooks).  save-hooks are checked when you do save-message
which is bound to "s" by default, they are not checked on folder exit.

> folder-hook . save-hook * =received

The * should be a . instead, like this:

  folder-hook . save-hook . =received

But if you want automatic saving of read messages, what you're looking
for is in fact:

  folder-hook . set record='+read.mutt'

The + character is a shortcut to your $folder dir, which by default is
~/Mail.  Alternatively you could also use = instead of +, but in the
above it would be confusing. :-)

Hope this helps,
Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /