On 07/07/00 07:57 +0200, Erik van der Meulen typed:

>I have tried to do the same:
> mailboxes {mail.avondel.nl}foo etc

>Now I get an error:
>
>  Mailbox vunarable must have 1777 protection

>If I do a chmod 1777 on ~/mail, (I think its open to the world) the
>message does not go away.
>Any ideas?

Not ~/mail for $DEITY's sake.  Make /var/spool/mail (only the directory)
1777.  /var/spool/mail/joe_user should not be 1777 of course - leave them
alone ;)

The newer versions of mutt and pine are clued enough to bitch about it -
and the newer version of linuxconf (which I was ass enough to install) is
stupid enough to try undoing this whenever I reboot my box :(

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Love at first sight is one of the greatest labor-saving devices the