Currently I am using Mutt as local client and from remote systems with
the aid of a Telnet session. Works great. Now I would like to switch to
IMAP for remote access and I am struggling with my .muttrc because I
would like to retain functionality.
My situation:

  Mutt 1.2i om Debian Linux 2.2
  Mail spool in: /var/spool/mail/erik
  Mail folders in: /home/erik/mail/

In my current .muttrc I have:

  set folder="~/mail"
  mailboxes /var/spool/mail/erik
  mailboxes `echo $HOME/mail/*.incoming`

This allows my to cycle mailboxes with '=' and also gives me signals
when mail arrives in any of my mailboxes which ends with '.incoming'.
I have tried numerous ways to include reference to my IMAP server, but
never seem to get it as I used to do.

  set folder="{mail.server}mail"
  set spoolfile= {mail.server}
  mailboxes {mail.server}/var/spool/mail/erik
  mailboxes {mail.server}`echo $HOME/mail/*.incoming`

I have not been able to find a lot of documentation w.r.t. IMAP config
and hope someone on this list can provide a bit of help or some
pointers.

Thanks a lot.

--
  Erik van der Meulen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>