Hi all!

I ran into problems when trying to build mutt 1.2.4 with the compressed
folder patch:

./gen_defs ./OPS ./OPS.PGP > keymap_defs.h
cd . \
  && CONFIG_FILES=Makefile CONFIG_HEADERS= /bin/sh ./config.status
creating Makefile
cd . && autoheader
/usr/bin/autoheader: Symbol `PROTOTYPES' is not covered by
/usr/lib/autoconf/acconfig.h ./acconfig.h
make: *** [stamp-h.in] Error 1

A bit of investigation showed that this doesn't seem to be related to the
compressed folder patch as such, but to a change in configure.in - i.e.
running the "prepare" script with the unpatched tarball fails with basically
the same error.

A bit more digging brought this up (from ChangeLog 04/10/1999):

        * configure.in:
        AM_C_PROTOTYPES seems to be too recent for the installed
        automake/autoconf base.

However, AM_C_PROTOTYPES is now in configure.in, but no mention is made in
ChangeLog.

I'm using Red Hat Linux 5.2, which uses autoconf-2.12. Am I right in
assuming that mutt now *requires* a newer autoconf if the configure script
and related files need to be rebuild (as seemingly forced by the compressed
folder patch)? Is there maybe an easy way around this?
I'm asking, cause I'm currently working on the SRPM for mutt.linuxatwork.at
and I wouldn't feel too happy if we had to force RHL 5.x users to upgrade
another package just to rebuild the SRPM with compressed folder support... :-}

Thanks in advance,

Thomas
        Thomas Ribbrock       http://mutt.linuxatwork.at (mutt RPMs)
              http://www.bigfoot.com/~kaytan    ICQ#: 15839919