John Poltorak muttered:

> I have never understood the purpose of sendhooks or what they can do,
> so I'm probably missing out on a great feature of Mutt...

You really do! Send-hooks are a great and very powerful configuration
tool. See the manual's sections 3.17 and 4.1 - 4.4

> Can some provide me with a simple sendhook and tell me what I can
> use it for, than I can take it from there.

send-hook ~l 'my_hdr From: Michael Tatge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>'

When I mail to subscribed mailinglists the From: Header will
automaticly set to 'Michael Tatge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>'. I'm using a diffrent
address for private mail.

HTH,

Michael
--
Overflow on /dev/null, please empty the bit bucket.

PGP-fingerprint: DECA E9D2 EBDD 0FE0 0A65  40FA 5967 ACA1 0B57 7C13