Hi!

Stephan Jaensch muttered:
> There's one issue tho that I am not able to resolve: The german
> hi-ascii characters (Umlaute, like äöü) are not displayed correctly
> in the pager, mutt places '?' there instead.

Did you install charmaps-0.0.tar.gz? (see www.mutt.org)

set charset="iso-8859-1"
for the encoding.

Mutt correctly displays Umlaute. Probably there's something wrong with
the message. I saw for example this one in a german mail (aol mailer)

VERY useful! Since mutt does what it's told - there are no öäü in
us-ascii - it shows '?' instead.
Maybe it's something similar?

HTH,

Michael
--
Think of your family tonight.  Try to crawl home after the computer crashes.

PGP-fingerprint: DECA E9D2 EBDD 0FE0 0A65  40FA 5967 ACA1 0B57 7C13