On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 03:11:51PM -0400, David T-G muttered:
> David, et al --
>
> ...and then David Champion said...
> % On 2000.07.22, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> %     "Dennis Robertson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> % > Hello List,
> % > I am trying to correspond with a friend who uses Windows and Eudora 4.3.2
>(gasp!) with PGP
>
> Hey, same here.  Oh, darn.

> % 4.3.2 will issue valid PGP/MIME, which mutt can read, but it can not
> % read PGP/MIME issued by either mutt or itself.  (Yes: Eudora cannot
> % read its own output.)
>
> Oy.
>

> %
> % So, short answer: Eudora can send to Mutt, but Mutt can't send to
> % Eudora, and it's Eudora's fault.
>
> FWIW, I have been able to send with mutt-0.95.4i and pgp5; my recipient
> may whine a bit, but he's been reading the messages well for quite a
> while now (since his upgrade a few months ago).
>
> In addition, I never have a problem reading his mail, but that could be
> because I'm using the procmail recipe from PGP-Notes and don't have to
> worry about it any more :-)
>

> %
> % (Actually there are ways to make Mutt send messages that Eudora can
> % handle, but these are kludgy and don't involve proper MIME.  I think
> % they involve macros.  Again, check the web or archives.)
>
> I tried sending old-style messages with pgp_create_traditional; he tells
> me that Eudora detaches the message and he has to go and find it and
> open it (he chooses to use Word, of all things!), and the text is there.
>
> I searched both mutt archives and a teeny bit of the web in general, but
> didn't find anything.  Is "the old way" what you meant, or do you hint at
> something else?

I use:

set pgp_create_traditional=ask-no

in my .muttrc. When i have a message to a correspondent who uses Eudora
3.x and an old pgp (3.6, I think), I hit "y", otherwise return.  I suppose
I should automate that with a send-hook. Real Soon Now.

Note: that combination can handle signed or encrypted, but not both signed
and encrypted.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley

PGP signature