I think the current implementation of directory browsing needs to be
changed somewhat. I've muttered about this before but now I have a
practical situation where it's a real pain.

I want to move some messages from an IMAP server to local folders
(though the same problems would apply moving IMAP to IMAP or local to
IMAP).

So, I use a 'c' command followed by '?' to find and open the required
folder on the IMAP server.  This works fine and I get to the message
I want.  I then use an 's' command followed by a '?' to find the
folder where I want to save the message - this doesn't work because
the browser opens a view of the IMAP server folders - I want a view of
the place I started from, the local folders.

I really think that the browser should do one of the following:-

    Always start in the same place ($folder maybe)

    Have a special key that will take it back to $folder (i.e. '?'
    will browse from where it left off, '!' will go back to $folder)

    Have an option in the muttrc file to say whether it starts where
    it left off or back at $folder.

--
Chris Green ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]