> > It boils down to mutt's UNIX-like behavior of expecting other pieces to
> > be there; all mutt does is read mail, and it sucks less at that than
> > anything else.  The biggest problem people often quote is the lack of
> > an MTA, since mutt does not talk directly to the MDA on the recipient
> > machine via SMTP port 25, as I believe PINE does.  It doesn't help that
> > Win doesn't handle subshells gracefully and so things like PGP can be
> > tricky as well, as I understand it.
>
> There's another problem: \r\n end-of-lines.  Mutt doesn't use
> O_TEXT/O_BINARY, and gets confused when CygWin translates \r\n to \n
> thus unexpectedly reducing message size.  At least I think that's why
> Mutt segfaults in the pager on Win32.  I have posted stack traces on
> mutt-dev, but the developers have enough problems on Unix, and didn't
> have time to investigate Win32 issues.

Mutt compiles and runs right out of the box together with Cygwin and
ncurses.  The \r\n problem is probably that you have mounted your mail
directory as "text"; mount it as "binary" and it works beautifully.
If you then can do with ssmtp to send your mails you have no troubles.
/Ulf

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]