Jim --

...and then Jim Breton said...
% On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 06:36:11AM -0400, David T-G wrote:
% > At the compose screen, I chose to 'e'dit my message again, and the R-P:
% > header was gone.
%
% Argh!!

Sorry, pal :-)

%
%
% > Are you really supposed to be able to define R-P:: yourself, perhaps?
%
% I don't know of any reason why you shouldn't be able to.  :)  I've been

Well, there are three little letters which might have something to do
with it.  I dunno myself :-)

% doing it for a long time now, using qmail as my MTA, it allows me to
% correctly set the Return-Path and effectively _not_ give away a local
% userid in the header.  For instance if my local username were "jimb" and

Ahhh...  You sneaky boy, you.

% I didn't want this to appear anywhere in the headers, setting
% Return-Path has been the best way to handle this.

Sure; that makes sense.

%
% With qmail you could set a QMAILUSER env var to do the same thing but if
% you need to change it on the fly from a running app that doesn't help.
% :P

I suggest you talk to Mikko, since he's always spouting qmail wisdom, and
also look into the -f parameter; from what little I've heard, that may do
the trick for you.

%
% Thanks for your response!  :)

HTH & HAND

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature