From: "Wouter Verheijen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2000 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: Mutt and Qmail problems
Have you set up your /etc/hosts properly?

I had about the same problem with Sendmail and this was because Sendmail
ALWAYS queries the DNS first. Since I don't have my own DNS-server, I had
to put this in my /etc/sendmail.cf:

O ServiceSwitchFile=/etc/service.switch

The /etc/service.switch file contains:

hosts   files
aliases files

The word "files" means to look in /etc/hosts.

Sorry, but I don't have any experiences with Qmail, but I thought the
problem my just be more or less the same.

--

Wouter Verheijen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

If Microsoft built cars, the Linux community would make a car that was