On 2000.09.26, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        "Andy Spiegl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So I tried:
>  send-hook '~C mutt-'   'set from="Andy Spiegl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"'
> but then from is set for the next mail, not for the current one. *argh*

This is good and correct.

> How did you guys solve this dilemma?

You need to define a send-hook matching anything, with precedence over
this send-hook, which resets $from to a default value.  For example, I
have this in my muttrc:

  send-hook '.' 'unmy_hdr Reply-To:'
  send-hook '~C postmaster@uchicago' 'my_hdr Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]'

The first one unsets Reply-To: for any send, then passes on to the
second.  The second one sets Reply-To: for any mail to our postmaster
address (which forwards to me).  Not quite the same as setting $from,
but close enough to illustrate.

--
 -D.    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        NSIT    University of Chicago