Marc --

...and then Marc van Dongen said...
% David T-G ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
%
% : %  Aborted unmodified message.
% : %
% : % Any suggestions how to overcome this problem?
% :
% : You might start by checking your $editor setting in your muttrc and your
%
% My editor setting points to an existing vim which works.

Hokay.  That's a good start...

%
% : $EDITOR and $VISUAL settings in your shell; if they're still pointing to
%
% EDITOR=VISUAL=

That shouldn't matter much if your $editor is explicit, but at least it's
not confusing.

%
% : setting to "yes" instead of one of the other possibilities) so mutt will
% : throw it away.
%
% I can see that.

Good enough.

%
% : If you can't figure out what's up, try setting mutt's $editor to a
% : quickie script which calls vim and then waits for a keypress before
% : exiting so that you can see any error messages that go by.
%
% I changed the editor setting to a script that prints something,
% reads a line and then starts to edit. It doesn't seem to be
% called when I press `e.' I still get the `unmodified' message.

No, make sure that you *first* call vim and you *then* wait.  You need to
see that vim is really called and see what messages, if any, it returns.

%
% So should I set EDITOR and VISUAL to something? I just upgraded
% to a higher solaris 8. Maybe that has to do something with the
% problem as well.

Possbile, but not probable.  I'm still betting on a vim config, though a
full /tmp as already mentioned might be a good place to start (my vim
tmpdir is $HOME/tmp; I forget about the defaults sometimes :-)

%
% Regards,

HTH & HAND

%
%
% Marc van Dongen

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature