On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Brian Salter-Duke wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 01:39:51PM +0200, Marc de Courville wrote:

> > please find attached to this email the new version of
> > mutt_ldap_query perl script that performs ldap queries for mutt.
> > The distribution now includes a module for interfacing with little
> > brother database (m_ldap).

> Why not submit the m_ldap module to Roland for inclusion in the lbdb
> tarball?

He did submit it to me some hours before the above announcement.  The
problem is, that I personally would like it to be much more
configurable than the current version (at the moment you usually have
to edit the mutt_ldap_query script before you can use it for a special
ldap server).  But we are working on this point, so there will be a
lbdb with m_ldap in the future.

> m_ldap_query()
> {
>       $LDAP_QUERY_SCRIPT -l -p "$@"
> }
>
> then add something like:-
>
> LDAP_QUERY_SCRIPT=$HOME/dev/mutt_query/mutt_ldap_query-3.1.pl
>
> to your lbdbrc file.

I'd prefer to change mutt_ldap_query in a way, that allows to install
it once for all users and make it configurable at runtime for
different ldap servers.

Tschoeeee

        Roland

--