Rod --

...and then Rod Pike said...
% Greetings,
%
% Newbie question

Actually, this happens in lots of programs :-)

%
% When I start ( and quit ) mutt there are sometimes error messages a the
% bottom of the screen that flash up and then are gone.  Is there a log

Yep.  Ain't it great that mutt is so fast?

% that I can look at that contains these messages so I can debug my setup?

I don't know that compiling with debugging turned on would help, but
firing off script before starting mutt and then taking a look at the
resultant output file will at least let you see that error text (in the
middle of all of the other screen-painting stuff that has to make it
a pretty ugly file to review).

%
% Cheers,
% Rod

HTH & HAND

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature