I'm trying out mutt version 1.3.11i, mostly because it has support for
automatically switching the charset= line in outgoing emails to the
proper encoding.

Here's the problem:  I can't get japanese to display properly without
using something like LANG=ja_JP /usr/local/bin/mutt, which causes
subprocessies (like gpg) to run with that language envionment.

I'd like it to display text without setting the LANG variable, so I
looked at the charset variable, and tried setting it to iso-2022-jp,
which didn't seem to do anything, except prevent me from viewing
japanese text. (of all things)

am I clueless here?  anyone have hints on how to set this up?  I'm
using xemacs with canna for input/sending email, btw.

also, is this the proper place for these questions?  people on -dev
might have a better idea :)

thanks in advance,
--
Josh Huber                                     | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
1024D/6B21489A 61F0 6138 BE7B FEBF A223  E9D1 BFE1 2065 6B21 489A

PGP signature