On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 07:01:17PM -0500, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
>     Hey people. At work, my home directory is NFS mounted, and everything
> works fine. However, my local /var partition holding /var/mail/msoulier is
> apparently causing interesting quirks that aren't caused on my PC at home
> where everything is local.
>     Mutt says that my inbox of /var/mail/msoulier is read only. Why would that
> be?

How did you install mutt (e.g. as user or as root) and what are the
permissions on /var/mail ? I remember having a similar problem once with my
"userland" installation on a machine where /var/mail was
drwxrwx--- root mail
(or something similar - in any case not world readable). I think the problem
is the locking, then.

HTH,

Thomas
        Thomas Ribbrock       http://mutt.linuxatwork.at (mutt RPMs)