On Sat, Nov 25, 2000 at 05:09:16PM +0100, Gian Piero Ascenso
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Hi!
>
>       I'm a new mutt 1.2.5i  user and I need some help
> to configure Emacs as my editor. Actually it works fine,
> but when I have just to write the Subject and nothing else
> (as when subscribing to a mail-list) I hit ^X^S then ^X^C
> to exit Emacs and the message is aborted. My current
> .muttrc line for the editor has:
>
> set editor="emacs -nw"
>
> What'd I do?

Nothing much. :-) What you did was to allow the editor to start and
finish without changing the file's modification time, which Mutt
treats as an indication that you didn't actually write a message. I
find that this behavior is usually accurate for me, so I don't know
how to disable it, but for one *particular* message, all you need to
do is make some change to the message body such that emacs can save
the message -- typing a letter and then deleting the letter will do.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services