On Fri 12/22/00 at 02:54 PM -0800, Mike E <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I find myself having to constantly recenter the cursor while I'm
> going through emails...

Although you can always use 'H' to put the index indicator-bar (or arrow)
at the top message of your screen, 'M' to put it in the middle, and 'L' to
put it at the bottom, I agree that it might be nice if the indicator could
remain positioned at the same place while scrolling through screenfuls of
messages in the index.

(At the center, for example, if that's where you want it, or 4 lines below
center, or wherever you choose.)

Instead of it always landing at the top when you scroll to the next page
using the page-down command ('z').

Then again, it doesn't bother *me* that much to use one of the above
commands after I've landed on a new page.  Why?  Because there's no telling
which part of the screen I want to move to until I've looked over the list
of subject-headers.  But that's just me.

--
                                 // [EMAIL PROTECTED] //