Christoph Bugel ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I open some mailbox I get to the index window, and the 'cursor' is
> positioned on the first message (which is the oldest one). How can I tell mutt
> to automatically go to the last message? (now I have to type G to do that).

This is what I am using to do that:

bind index P collapse-all
bind index \cp collapse-thread  # ctrl+p
# Collapse threads by default, and jump to the last message
folder-hook . push "P*"

I'm not sure what collapse-all is bound to by default, but I find it
easier to read mail without seeing every thread open. I think * is the
default key for jumping to the last message though. Hope that was
helpful.

I guess you could also set the default sort order to be reversed by
date, but that just looks odd.

--
Chris Gushue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://mutt.lazygenes.net