On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 12:54:19PM -0500, David T-G wrote:
> Waldemar --
>
> ...and then Waldemar Brodkorb said...
> % On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 11:40:05AM -0500, David T-G wrote:
> % > ...and then Waldemar Brodkorb said...
> % > ...
> % > % Second my inbox is readonly, I can't toggle it
> % >
> % > Have you checked your mutt_dotlock program (perhaps whichever is first in
> % > your path) to make sure it is setuid root (or perhaps setgid mail)?  It's
> %
> % Thanks a lot. Adding the User to group mail, solve the problem.
>
> Well, that's one way to do it, but the generally accepted method is to
> set mutt_dotlock to sgid mail.  You wouldn't want to put *everyone* into
> the mail group, would you? :-)

Is this sgid?

ls -la `which mutt_dotlock`
 -rwxr-sr-x    1 root     mail        30506 Jan  4 18:28
 /usr/bin/mutt_dotlock

make install made the work.
How the rights on /var/spool/mail/waldemar have to be?

--
MfG

Waldemar Brodkorb

Every Generation got its own disease - Fury in the Slaughterhause 1993
and we got Aquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome,
Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy and Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional