On Mon 08-Jan-2001 at 02:57:27PM +0100, georg wrote:

> courier uses a so called "folder-extension". In a normal maildir there
> are only 3 dirs: new, cur, tmp.  To store the imap-folder-structure
> courier (and sqwebmail and maildrop) creates dirs with a leading dot.
> The dot indicates that it is a folder created by the user.  So if
> ~/Maildir contains the dir ".test" you see the folder "test" as a
> sub-folder of your inbox ~/Maildir.  ".test" is a maildir itself, I
> can access it with mutt, typing the path directly, but I cannot browse
> trough the folder hierarchie like in imap-mode.  Like in imap each
> folder can conatain messages and/or folders.

Use tab-completion instead of folder browsing, it's quicker and you will
hardly notice the difference between:

  ~/Maildir/lists/mutt-users/

and

  ~/Maildir/.lists.mutt-users/

Honestly :-)

Use \..* as your mask so you match the somewhat odd courier naming
convention.

In fact I prefer this method of categorising mailboxes - my local
maildirs are a bit like this anyway, with no sub-directories (and no
leading dots either):

  ~/Mail/list.mutt-newbie
  ~/Mail/list.mutt-users
  ~/Mail/sent