On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 02:52:38PM -0600, Lance Simmons wrote:
> >From the manual:
>
> >confirmappend
> >
> >Type: boolean
> >Default: yes
> >
> >When set, Mutt will prompt for confirmation when appending messages to
> >an existing mailbox.
>
> Does this mean that, if I unset confirmappend, then when I press "s"
> to save an email, mutt will _not_ prompt me with
>
>  Save to mailbox ('?' for list): =mailboxname
>
> or am I misunderstanding the manual?

It means that after typing <return> in response to that prompt, if
confirmappend is set and mailboxname already exists, you will get an
additional prompt:

    Append messages to mailboxname? ([y]/n):

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                 | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     | RF Communications Product Generation Unit