Hello Jack,
On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 01:05:09PM -0600, Jack McKinney wrote:
>     I am using mutt to connect to an IMAP server.  I'd like to have mutt
> automatically grab new mail and put it into separate IMAP boxes, somewhat
> the way that procmail can sort your incoming mail into separate boxes.
>     How do I go about doing this?  Currently, I just use the limit command
> to limit the display, but this is tedious, since there are about a dozen
> patterns I have to go through every time...

I think that's not possible. Mutt has no mailfilterbuiltin.

One solution is to use fetchmail & procmail, but then
you lose the advantages of imap.

Another solution is to use a imap filter, called sieve.
I've seen it only by Cyrus IMAP-Server in a newer version than
2.0.x.
http://www.cyrusoft.com/sieve/

bye

--