Quoting Frank Derichsweiler On Thu, 15 Feb 2001:

> I have a problem during startup of mutt on a fast hardware.
> Starting mutt with
>  xterm -geometry 220x80+70+100 -vb -T "mutt Mail" -j -e mutt
> produces a large xterm, but mutt only uses 1/3 of the lines.
> Starting first  xterm -geometry 220x80+70+100 -vb -T "mutt Mail" -j
> and then entering mutt <return> produces a "well-formed" mutt,
> i.e. mutt recognizes the proper size. Upon request I can send a
> screen-shot.

I know that this might have been answered in other emails... but the same
thing happens to me on 400mhz, 500mhz, 700mhz systems... etc.. Not sure
what causes it.  I have used different geometry settings.  Basically, the
solutions I have come up with is to slghtly resize the window with your
mouse... or use ETerm... I like the latter

=====
Scott A. Davis  !  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  !  Si vis pacem para bellum
-
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my
dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a
straight razor, and surviving." --Colonel Kurtz, Apocalypse Now