On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 04:21:30PM -0500, Josh Huber wrote:
> The reasoning behind this is:
>
> > > * ^To: .*about.com.*
>
> ...often addresses are formatted in a way like:
>
> John Doe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> or
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (John Doe)
>
> but are not that often just the email address alone.

The above is, as someone else pointed out, obviously wrong.  I wasn't
thinking :)

You don't need to match the .* at the end because the pattern doesn't
need to match up to the end of the To line -- it will just match as
much as you've specified, and only fail if something doesn't match.

sorry about that...

So, to summarize, something like this would be good:

* ^To: .*about.com

would work, but if you want to more careful...something like the
following would be better:

* ^TO_about.com

the TO_ is expanded to a nice regex which matches the proper text
before an address.  man procmailrc and search for TO_.

ttyl,

--
Josh Huber                                     | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |

PGP signature