On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 07:35:12AM +0000, Viktor Lakics wrote:

> I have an autocommand for temporary mutt files. I want to move the
> cursor down 6 positions automatically when I start a new mail (this
> would move the cursor right under the headers (i use edit headers).
> But i can't seem to figure out how to do this from a vimrc file...
>
> Any help?

Something like this should work:

    au BufRead      /tmp/mutt-*     normal 6j

but I would suggest something more like this:

    au BufRead      /tmp/mutt-*     normal }

so that you cursor is always under the headers even if the number of
header lines changes.

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   | RF Communications PGU