Today i finally got to the Mutt MIME configuration part.
I spent about 10 minutes trying to compile RunningX.ci, link to which i found on
mutt.org.
I was getting all kinds of errors and i did not feel like digging through that, so i
came up with
my own little RunningX replacement. Just a simple shell script.

-- snip --
#/bin/sh
if [ "$DISPLAY" = " " ]
   then
      exit 0
   else
      exit 1
fi
-- snip --

and also i found a really usefull mutt feature

set mailcap_path="~/.mutt/mailcap"

Here is my mailcap for mutt:

text/html; links -dump %s ; copiousoutput
text/plain; more %s; copiousoutput
application/pdf;/usr/local/bin/acroread %s
image/*; xv %s ; text=RunningX

I didn't what to use ~/.mailcap because Netscape would open
all images with xv if i define image/*; xv %s in ~/.mailcap

I hope that would help someone :)

igor