I have my Konsole setting to xterm (XFree 3.x.x).  I also have the
following bindings in my .muttrc:

bind generic <home> first-entry
bind generic <end> last-entry
bind generic <backspace> previous-line

Seems to me these binding should be extraneous, but everything is
working fine...so I leave it alone...for now ;)

HTH

John

--
John P. Verel