* Matt Armstrong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 2001-04-17 20:31 +0200:
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 11:35:30PM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 05:25:12PM +0200, Andre Berger typed:
> >
> > > Some people using worse MUAs have complained about my gpg signature.
> > > KMail, for example, doesn't recognize the MIME type Mutt produces.
> > > They asked for an attachment-description of the signature. Does
> > > anybody know how to set things up?
> >
> > If you want to compensate for broken clients, clearsign your mail
> > (include the sig in the body of your mail) instead of using s/mime.
>
> A client is not broken if it doesn't implement s/mime.  It seems
> reasonable to use a description for the signature attachment so it
> doesn't show up as a random unnamed attachment in such mailers.

OK, but do you know how to actually add the descricption?

PS: There was some trouble getting my public key from keyservers. This
seems to have been solved by 'set pgp_sign_as="0x07182FBC"', in other
words, prepending my keyID with "0x" to indicate it's a hexadecimal
value. The mutt manual gave a hint on this but IMHO could be clearer in
this respect.

Andre Berger                                [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

PGP signature