On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 10:56:47AM +0800, Horace G. Friend III wrote:

>     text/html; netscape -remote 'openURL(%s)'; test=RunningX
>     text/html; mv '%s' '%s'.html && links 'file://%s.html'
>
> The netscape entry only works if netscape is already up and running.
> I've tried using just
>
> netscape '%s'; test=RunningX
>
> but it opens a new netscape window everytime which I don't want as this
> tend to clutter my window.

You might try something like this:

    text/html; netscape -remote "openURL(%s)" || netscape %s; test=RunningX

This will use an existing instance of netscape if one is already running
and with otherwise start a new instance of netscape.  Note that I
haven't tried exactly that, but I have something similar in a script
(mutt_netscape) that you can find at my mutt web page.

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   | RF Communications PGU