Dr. Christian Seberino wrote:
> How prevent mutt from always asking if I want to move
> email to mbox and if I _really_ want to delete the
> email I just deleted when I exit mutt?
>
> Does anyone else not want to answer the same 2 questions
> every day for the rest of their lives? (Especially when
> answer is always the same.)

Use the $delete aned $move variables.  These are both quad-option
variables, accepting values of 'yes', 'no', 'ask-yes', and
'ask-no'.  For example, in ~/.muttrc (or another sourced file):

set delete=yes  # Really delete messages when closing or
                # synchronizing a mailbox, (without asking.)

set move=no     # Do not move (or ask to move) read messages from
                # $spoolfile to $mbox

Good luck!

        -- Mr. Wade

--