On Sat, May 05, 2001 at 06:19:55AM -0600, Duke Normandin wrote:
> I can't seem to send a message with a zipfile attached properly. It is
> received at the other end as 'text/plain' or something. Anybody have an
> idea of what I'm doing wrong? TIA...

My first thought is that you don't have an entry for zip files in your
mime.types file.  It should look like this:

    application/zip     zip

See section 5.2 of the mutt manual for more on the mime.types files.

On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 10:16:07PM -0600, Duke Normandin wrote:
> Is it me - or is it Mutt? I can't send a freaking zipfile w/o having the
> sucker grunged at the other end. I experimented with changing the
> encoding even -- to 7bit instead of base64. I'd like to have *no*
> encoding but can't see how that's done. Anybody else having trouble
> sending zip attachments?

Not me, but a fried of mine was having this trouble just last week
trying to send a tar file.  His mailer (not mutt) base64-encoded the tar
file but gave it a Content-Type of text/plain.  Somewhere in the
process, the LFs in the tar file got converted to CR-LF pairs.  He
solved it by changing the Content-Type to octet-stream.

So using the proper Content-Type for your zip file may fix this problem
as well.

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   | RF Communications PGU