Using a large mallet, Mr. Wade whacked out:

> I do this as well.  I think that perhaps I misunderstood the
> original question.  I was under the impression that the asker
> wanted to know how to have a default "To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]"
> header specified when he loaded his mailing list mailbox folder,
> so that he wouldn't have to enter that as input.  You seem to be
> discussing sorting incoming mail rather than mail composition.

 Well, I sort incoming mail, and then use folder hooks to set my from address.
 Mutt's L (list reply to) along with "subscribe foo" in muttrc handles things
 quite OK.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + Lumber Cartel India - <tinlcI>
mallet @ cluestick.org + Wallopus Malletus Indigenensis