On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 12:06:19AM +0530, Ajay Shah wrote:

> When an incoming email has URLs inside it, and when mutt is running under
> X, it would be really cool for mutt to respect the mouse, and be able to
> fire off a web browser at those links by pointing and clicking.
>
> Fundamentally textmode is fine, but this is one place where the mouse is
> really appropriate. I have used ^B and urlview, but I find the list of
> URLs to be confusing (they appear out of context). There's got to be a better
> way.

One way to do this is to change the ^B macros to:

    macro index \cB |w3m\n "call w3m to extract URLs out of a message"
    macro pager \cB |w3m\n "call w3m to extract URLs out of a message"

This displays the URLs in context, and w3m has a mouse interface.  It
isn't quite point-and-click, however.  You first need to type ':' to
tell w3m to mark the URLs as links.  Then, to use a graphical web
browser, you'll have to click once on the link to select it, then type
'ESC M' to invoke an external browser.  Still, it works pretty well and
is available today.  Also, you'll probably stand a better chance of
getting w3m changed to make this work more smoothly than you will
getting a mouse interface added to mutt.

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   | RF Communications PGU