Timothy Ball [mutt-users] <Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 11:01:35AM -0400>:

> I have been using mutt for quite a while just by ssh'ing into my main
> server. Now I just got a laptop and I would like to be able to rsync my
> inboxes from mainserver to laptop, and then be able to respond to email
> >from the laptop and then delay the sending of the messages while the
> laptop isn't connected.

 See, you'd better set up IMAP on your main server and read them on your
 laptop.

> I'm willing to do this in exim if that's the "right place to do it", but
> one of the requirements is that I be able to send mail when ever I'm
> connected, even if it's not to the same ISP. (travel to strange places w/
> strange networks)

 Try http://www.hserus.net/exim.html ... you could run your own mailserver
 off a dialup (but ISPs do port 25 blocking, others use the DUL to block mail
 from dialups ... so just change your smarthost depending on the ISP)

        -s

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + Wallopus Malletus Indigenensis
mallet @ cluestick.org + Lumber Cartel of India, tinlcI