I use this:

macro index .c "T.\n;WN^T.\n" "Mark all messages as read"

No tabs, special chars, etc.  Just copy and paste.
Hitting .c in a folder or mailbox causes all messages to be marked as
read.  Much like the 'Catch up' function in mail readers.

HTH

On 07/11/01 11:34 AM, Carl B . Constantine sat at the `puter and typed:

--
Louis LeBlanc
[EMAIL PROTECTED]