I've been running some of my old mailboxes through procmail/formail
to resort a few things.  I started getting some strange results and
I noticed that several of my mailboxes have stuff like this:

*It's important that you mFrom [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sun May 20 17:35:06 2001
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 17:35:06 -0500
From: Chris Gentle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This should be the start of a new message in the mbox but as you can
see the "From " line has been written into the middle of another
message.  This keeps mutt and formail from seeing the beginning of
the new message and it's apparently just gobbled up by the first
message.

I'm going to have to try to straighten them out by hand with vim I
suppose.  I don't know how this could have happened but it seems to
have the symptoms of a locking problem.  Does mutt do any kind of
locking on an mbox folder when you open it?  I know there's some
locking issues with NFS but these folders are on the local disk.

Also, when mutt opens an mbox does it verify that the
about them if they are wrong?  Are there any other utilities that
might help straighten out this mess?

--

Chris