On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 01:46:00PM -0400, Ken Weingold ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> What is the difference between the colors' 'bright' attribute and
> mono's 'bold'?  The Mutt manual says that 'bright' makes the color
> boldfaced, but it is definitely different than mono's bold, where bold
> makes the characters a but thicker, where 'bright' simply seems to
> make them brighter.

It depends on your terminal. Some will show "white" as about a 50%
gray and "bright white" as white, and similarly "blue" as almost navy
and "bright blue" as royal blue. Others will show "white" as white,
and "bright white" as bold white, and "blue" as royal blue and
"bright blue" as bold royal blue.

I go out of my way to use the latter, myself. :-)

  -Rich

--
 Montreal, Quebec, Canada   |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!