On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 04:55:21PM -0400, Eric Cheney wrote:
> Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:55:21 -0400
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> From: Eric Cheney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> Hello.  I'm kind of new to mutt after coming from
> years of using pine.  I like mutt very much but one
> thing I can't find documentation for (probably my
> bad) is how to create a personal mailing list.
> I have mailing lists that reside on a machine
> other than mine written in .muttrc---for
> example, I have "lists mutt-users" among others.
> But how can I make a my own mailing list that's not
> run by some majordomo on some external box?

You can create an aliases file and source it in your .muttrc.  Your
list would look something like:

alias   hockey     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], alayna, barbie, kendoll

where alayna, barbie, and kendoll would have defined aliases prior to
'alias hockey'.

I'm assuming this is what you were getting at.

> There must be documentation for this, but I'm
> missing it....  Can someone point me in the
> right direction or may if it's short enough
> just let me know what to do.

This is documented.  I just looked it up a few days ago b/c I was
looking to create lists myself.

HTH,
/rc