According to Will Yardley on Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 02:09:55AM -0700:
| so this is a bit off topic, but does anyone have a simple set of vim
| macros to interface with ispell (or an easy way to spellcheck a file
| after editing without leaving mutt)?  i'm usually a decent speller but
| it is annoying not to be able to check a particular word or paragraph.

My way.

 macro compose <return> ":set ispell=newsbody-ispell\n<ispell><send-message>"

-----------
#!/bin/bash
## /usr/home/eric/bin/newsbody-ispell
newsbody -k from -k subject -hs -q -n $2 -p ispell -- -x %f
----------

The above omits headers (except subject - at least I hope it checks
spelling on my subjects).

So when I wish to send the mail form the compose window without
checking spelling, I press the default `y', otherwise I hit <enter>
and usually save embarrassment.

Only ugliness is, once you are in spell check you have to kill the
mutt process if you wish to abort the sending of the mail.

Sometimes in vim you want to do a spell check interactively, I go

nmap =s :!ispell -S %<cr>:e %<cr>

next challenge, is to have the spell check and the auto-sending of
mail automatically executed when I quit vim - tricky.

Hope this helps

--
Eric Smith