Suresh, et al --

...and then Suresh Ramasubramanian said...
% David T-G <mutt> [22/09/01 14:19 -0400]:
% > % Search for "grepmail" on freshmeat.
% >
% > Heh.  Thanks, but I meant within mutt; I can always just grep the file,
% > too :-)
%
% Grepmail is much better than the ordinary grep (customized for grepping
% through mbox folders) - and afaik it works great along with mutt.

Hokay; I'll check it out.  If you're familiar with it, though ...

I had a given email address string ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) that I knew was in
the folder (=F.mutt) and I wanted to see the actual message in its thread
context.  I knew it was in there because I grepped for it across all of
my folders (Mail/F.*) and got back a result.

I then went to my mutt folder mail instance and tried a / search for it,
both with and without qualifications, but the message wasn't found
because it was part of a collapsed thread.

What will grepmail get me here?

%
%       -suresh
%