In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
   David Champion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2001.09.22, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>       "Vincent Lefevre" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I don't want to use vt100 because
> >   * I want to know (by testing $TERM) if I'm in a screen window or not;

> test -n "$STY"

Doesn't work (it is lost after a ssh).

> >   * I want colors.

> vt100 has never stood in the way of my colors.... Maybe because I'm
> using slang, which seems to pay less than due attention to terminfos?

Perhaps, but most applications use terminfos.

> I won't argue that changing your $TERM is the right solution, but it's a
> fair workaround if you can't find the right one.

I've tried to set it back to rxvt (which I use when I'm not in screen),
and the display problems still occur. So, these problems are not related
to the terminfos. Only the problems related to the spaces at the end of
the lines are solved by setting TERM=rxvt.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International des