Zane --

...and then Zane Crawford said...
% I'm using the pgp_create_traditional and pgp_outlook_compat settings to
% generate old (yes, "broken") PGP messages (without the PGP/MIME headers).  I

*smile*

% also have my procmail set up to insert these headers when it intercepts
% something that looks like a PGP message, that doesn't already have the headers.

Yep.

%
% However, if I send an encrypted message to someone else, and savea copy to an
% Fcc, it never goes through procmail, and thus never gets the header inserted,
% and so, when I go to view it, I just get the raw text of the PGP message -
% which is (hopefully!) completely indecipherable.

Right.

%
% What's the cleanest way to fix this?  I could set up a macro that just runs
% formail and inserts it when I ask it to, but I'd rather set something up that
% automatically notices (like procmail does) and inserts the header, allowing
% Mutt to do all its GPG fanciness transparently.

I *could* say that you've made your bed and now you have to lie in it :-)
but instead I'll point you to <check-traditional-pgp> (bound to esc-P in
the pager) in 1.3.  Yes, you could modify your copy of the message and
save it back to your $record file, but IMHO that's a bad answer 'cuz
your copy of what you sent becomes something other than what you sent.

%
% Any ideas?

HTH & HAND

%
% --
% Zane A. Crawford              ,    +      *         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
% Caltech Planetary Science       .       .    +      https://ideotrope.org
% BS, E&AS, Caltech 1998             __o              "War is Peace.
% home: 626.585.1712              _`\<,_              Freedom is Slavery.
% work: 626.395.6981             (*)/ (*)             Ignorance is Strength."
% cell: 626.437.2562                                      - Big Brother
% PGP: 0x55E0815F (request from http://pgp.mit.edu)
%

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]