Hi!

I have just update my mutt-1.2.5i installation (with charmaps) to
1.3.23i. While everything else seems to work nicely, I have a problem
when displaying characters beyond ASCII.
I have installed libiconv-1.7.

When viewing Mails with foreign characters in it in a dtterm
(environment variable LANG=C.iso88591), umlauts etc are displayed
in numeric transcription (e.g. \360 instead of an a-umlaut).
When LANG is not being set, single character representation is chosen,
but the actual display does hardly match the correct character.
Setting iconv-hook following the example for HP-UX 10.20 does not make
a difference.

I could not find an explanation of the mechanisms in mutt/doc or the libiconv
distribution. How should this thing be set up?

Many thanks in advance,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/