On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 05:21:42PM -0500, Brendan Cully wrote:
> On Sunday, 28 October 2001 at 04:48, Russell Hoover wrote:
> >
> > It just seems to me that the longer it goes on, the more difficult it will
> > be for stable-branch users to make the change-over to a mutt-1.4.0 or
> > whatever, as so many things will have changed so radically.
>
> I don't think the number of big changes is that bad.

That's right. I've been using 1.2.5 until 1.3.23 was out, since I could not
compile some earlier 1.3.x versions and was lazy to find out why.

1.3.23 compiled nicely and indeed worked quite smoothly out-of-the-box with
my 1.2.5 config files. I only made changes to take advantage of new and
enhanced features.

I've been using it since (over IMAP/GSSAPI) and it works great, thanks
developers!  IMAP works faster and deleting attachments over IMAP now works
(was never working in 1.2.5i for me).

Have not seen any bugs, so I would recommend 1.2.23 to anybody. I would
even vote for calling it 1.4.0!

Best,
Petr